9.26.2005

Fire Away!!

Sunday, the only day I get "off" these days, well technically atleast. Today was special though.

Most MBA students would come to B-school and join a finance club or a investment club, I decided to join the Weapons and Tactics club I have only one explanation for why I might have done this, I must have been influenced by Sun Tzu’s “The Art of War" !

Anyway, I took the subway, to a place called Fortress Hill. I expected a prison, but came across a shooting range in an apartment block. HK is great at making something out of nothing; I am hoping it will do the same for me.

A few quick instructions about how not to point the gun at others, and we were firing away (pellets only). There were two types of scenarios. One, where you had a set of targets, and you had to knock them down before your opponent knocks down his; almost like a duel. In the Second scenario, you had to shoot at some targets behind wooden walls and through windows.

There were times when my pistols magazine dropped out while shooting because I pressed the wrong button; or when my gun wouldn't work because I had the safety lever on; or the time when I had to change my magazine in between and the magazine wouldn’t come out of the holster. But apart from these minor mishaps, I felt like Billy the Kid.

A Sunday well spent on acquiring a skill that is sure to come in handy in the corporate battles that I might have to face in the future.

PS: pictures will soon be up.

3 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude!! gud 2 know ur "guns" blazing glory ;) ;)

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Vidur Gupta said...

You are having some fun in HK. Good 4 ya. But be careful, don't shoot a big chinese guy or u'll be in big trouble :-)

Keep posting!

And do something about these spam comments!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger rajbir said...

thanks vidzy!! removed the spam. From your pic it seems like i am not the only one having fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home